150,000 people will die today!
Do you know where YOU will spend eternity?
Take the GOOD PERSON test below to find out!

SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST

THE WAY JESUS DID

Saturday, February 6, 2010

God is good - ALL the time!

STEWARDSHIP
CRAIG & YVETTE WHEELER

Tithing was not a hard thing for me to learn. As a young man, my parents instilled in me to obey God and give at least ten percent of the money I made to the Lord. My first job was at age 13 when I began to deliver a local newspaper. I made it a point to tithe; it is a practice that has served our family well. I cannot explain how God makes your money go farther after you give your tithe but I know it works. It has been evidenced in my life many times.

As a married couple, Yvette and I decided early on that we would tithe and be obedient. God has taken care of us beyond anything we can imagine. That does not mean that we have not had times of need or struggles along the way. That does not mean that we have gotten everything we ever wanted. It does mean that God has met all our needs.

I could give testimony of the many times God impressed us to give to the Church Missionary, a needy family or a Ministry when the money did not seem to be in our bank account. The money might have been in the account but it was for a designated bill or other expense. We have given time and time again as the Lord has directed. The result is that things have always worked out. There have been times when we gave to meet a need knowing it was a sacrifice. At some point, we would always receive unexpected money that provided for our needs or God provided another way.


I am not saying money falls out of the sky when we give our tithes and offerings but I am saying God provides. Luke 6:38 says: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye met withal it shall be measured to you again.

God sometimes provides for us in ways other than monetarily. I firmly believe that for the Christian who is a faithful in giving tithes and offerings God will put his hand of protection on them and provide. Sometimes that provision means that kids remain healthy, the old car and washing machine does not break down or God provides for a specific need we have.

Being faithful is a quality that is rare in our Society today. I think it is one of the best things we can do for the Lord and the Church. God has certainly been faithful to provide for our needs.

You know our Government takes a lot more than 10% and spends our money foolishly. Yet God only requires 10% and he meets the needs when we do so.

As indicated by Luke 6:38, we cannot out give God. The more we give, the more God blesses us and provides. As one who has given tithes and offerings for many years, I can tell you I have never missed a meal because I did not have something to eat.

Several years ago, Yvette and I felt impressed to help a family member following a Hurricane. They had lost a lot of their possessions and were living without some basic necessities. We gave some money that we really did not have. I knew I had a bonus coming in several weeks but it was pretty much spent already. We did the right thing and followed through on what God impressed us to do. There is good and bad
news. Although we helped out privately, one family member criticized us for helping and said that the money would not be well spent.

In a case like this, God does not judge us for how the money was spent. He judges us our obedience. Well the good news, we were obedient and did what God asked us to do. Several weeks later when I did get my bonus, it was twice what I was expecting. You cannot out give God!

In closing, recently God provided for us in a real time of need. With over 20 years invested in a company, the doors began to close for me. I began to ask God to close doors that I should not go through and open the doors that He wants me to go through. I shared this burden with others who began to pray as well. Shortly thereafter I spoke with a couple of Christian businessmen about my situation and in short order both companies offered me a job. God is good - all the time!

Rick L. Carter
Senior Pastor
Canyon Creek Baptist Church
Richardson , Texas

No comments: