150,000 people will die today!
Do you know where YOU will spend eternity?
Take the GOOD PERSON test below to find out!

SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST

THE WAY JESUS DID

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Satan Tried to Make Us Feel Defeated



Jennifer and I were thankful to the Lord for the victory in Cedric that we continued to go about the Lord's business and joyously pass million dollar tracts out to those at Steak'n Shake. As Jennifer went to one side, I went to the other and came upon a young man sitting by the kitchen entrance. I walked up to him and handed him a tract and said, "Here's a million dollars! It's a bible tract that asks a million dollar question." He looked at me with a very eerie gaze and said in a monotone voice, "Do you have a bible?" I replied, "Yes, I do. Would you like one?" "Yes" - again in a low, monotone voice. I motioned to Jennifer and said, "He would like a bible and I'm going to get him one." Jennifer asked if a I had one and I replied that I did - a small Evidence Bible that I had just placed on the passenger seat in my van right before I left.

When I came back into the restaurant, Jennifer was talking to Alberto and he was having extreme difficulty staying on track with what she was saying and he kept interjecting questions as he continued to glare at Jennifer. Jennifer asked me to pray for all of us (for his heart and eyes to be opened AND for our safety.) (You can get more of what was said between Jennifer and Alberto on her blog at www.fishers4men.com. I was praying for all of us during so much of this conversation, but ultimately Jennifer took Alberto through a few of the Ten Commandments and I showed him some scripture in the Bible so he could determine whether he was destined for hell or heaven. He finally said, "I accept Jesus." and Jennifer replied, "It takes more than that." We left him with the Bible and some other literature to read. We prayed for him and KNOW that we planted some seeds and whether they develop is between our wonderful Lord and Savior and Alberto.

As we drove, we discussed the wonderful victory in Cedric's decision to surrender his life to the Lord, and how the devil was not going to get us to feel defeated when he put Alberto in our path. The Lord is faithful!

John said, "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7. (Also 1 Pet. 1:19; Rev. 1:5.) When God cleanses us from all sin we are totally clean. It is as though we had never committed a sin. "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us." Ps. 103:12.

If you desire a new life in Christ, I urge you to repent of all your sins and experience the wonderful, powerful "new birth" of water and the Spirit! God is willing and waiting to change your life for the better, today! "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE." 2 Pet. 3:9.

by: Amy


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just reading that makes me want to go fish!! :)